Parts Work 1: Discovery – Building Relationships with Protectors and Healing Child Parts – January 9, 2020
Early bird rate through December 9, 2020: $345
Dates and Time
Teleclasses held on Thursdays
11:00 am – 12:30 pm ET | 10:00 – 11:30 am CT | 8:00 – 9:30 am PT | 8:30 – 10:00 pm IST*
January 2020: 9, 23, and 30
February 2020: 6, 13, 20 and 27
March 2020: 12
Installment Plan Available
Contact us at (570) 744-1576 or (570) 297-3333 to set up your customized payment plan.
There is a $25 fee for the installment plan.
What’s in the Way is the Way
Empower your clients and simultaneously transform your inner world…
Parts work is one of the most valuable aspects of working with clients. Even when not using parts work explicitly, you can track different voices and address them. This helps clients connect to their inner core of calm, creativity, confidence, and compassion.
This series includes 8 (90-minute) teleclasses with recommended practice between classes.
The first four classes are filled with content, demonstrations and discussions.
- A New Map of the Psyche: Understanding how to work with the multiplicity of the mind and tap the power of the client’s divine core.
- Building Relationships with Protectors: Lasting change only happens with the permission and cooperation of the parts of us that are in charge of our safety and happiness.
- Healing Child Parts: Lasting transformation occurs when the protector parts witness the healing of the vulnerable parts they are protecting.
- Deepening Your Skill: Seeing a full-length demonstration illuminates how the model works with real people in real time.
The last four classes focus on consolidating your knowledge, question and answers, and long demonstrations. There is practice and integration between teleclasses.
- Understand what parts of the psyche want
- Help clients who seem stuck transform at the deepest levels
- See what’s in the way as the way
- Tap into your own core of calm, confidence, and wisdom
In this training you will learn:
- The six tenets of Parts Work
- How to distinguish between the constituents of the internal system: Self, protectors, and exiles
- The two methods of working with parts
- The four messages that help protectors relax
- How to work with untrained clients
- The full multistep Parts Work process that leads to healing
Parts work will deepen your trust in yourself, in your client, and in the process. This class is for coaches or therapists on a personal journey of awakening and who want to participate in healing the world.
Guthrie says, “My mission helps wounded healers heal themselves so they can offer their greatest gifts to the world. I also help people with a social conscience bring compassion to their internal world so they can facilitate social justice more effectively in the external world.”
Parts Work, as Guthrie uses it and teaches it, is based mostly on Internal Family Systems (IFS), which was developed by Richard C. Schwartz. Please read his article “The Larger Self:” http://www.selfleadership.org/the-larger-self.html.
If you are interested in more reading, look into the following three books, perhaps in the order listed below:
1. Dorie Cameron, Why Did I Do That? This is simple, illustrated introduction to the IFS model. It looks like a children’s book—brief text and large pictures—but honors the beauty and complexity of the IFS model.
2. Richard C. Schwartz, Introduction to the Internal Family Systems Model. This is a short, clear book on the IFS model by the man who developed the model. This will give you a deeper understanding than Dorie Cameron’s excellent but very brief introduction.
3. Jay Earley, Self-Therapy, 2nd ed. This longer book moves through the IFS model step by step and includes transcripts of real sessions that illustrate each step.
All three books are available at The Center for Self Leadership, the official IFS website.
Guthrie Sayen, PhD, PCC, has created multiple advanced coach-training courses for Leadership that Works; he created and leads the coach training program at The Graduate Institute; and he has trained coaches for the True Purpose Institute. In his private practice, Guthrie works with wounded healers, helping them do for themselves what they are called to do for others. He also helps seekers come into the presence of the Divine, so they can live their soul’s purpose. He mentors coaches at all stages of their careers, from beginners to seasoned masters.