Parts Work 4: The Coach – September 17, 2020
Early bird rate through August 17, 2020: $345
Dates and Time
Teleclasses held on Thursdays
11:00 am – 12:30 pm ET | 10:00 – 11:30 am CT | 8:00 – 9:30 am PT | 8:30 – 10:00 pm IST*
September 2019: 17 and 24
October 2019: 1, 8, 15 and 29
November 2019: 5 and 12
* The November 5 and 12 classes start at 9:30 pm IST. All other classes start at 8:30 pm IST.
Installment Plan Available
Contact us at (570) 744-1576 or (570) 297-3333 to set up your customized payment plan.
There is a $25 fee for the installment plan.
Work with Your Parts as a Coach
Parts Work 1 introduced the basics of befriending parts of the psyche that constrain access to Self, that core of peace, wisdom, and creativity that lives undamaged in every human being. Parts Work 2 deepened that understanding and introduced systems thinking as way of understanding how parts relate to each other in patterned ways. Parts Work 3 introduced how to find and work with spiritual allies to assist in the process of deep transformation.
Parts Work 4 will continue to deepen understanding of this model and hone skills in entering the client’s inner realm respectfully and in helping their parts trust in the leadership of Self. Parts Work 4 will focus on working with the coach’s own parts, parts that might interfere with their accessing a critical mass of Self or parts that might be triggered by their clients’ parts.
Parts Work 4 offers, for the first time:
- A look at Parts Work from the coach’s side of the coach-client relationship.
- How to work with clients who are overly identified with their rational parts.
- How to work with clients who are overly identified with their emotional parts.
- The difference among three related responses: sympathy, empathy, and compassion, and why knowing that difference is important for the coach.
- How the coach can avoid using spiritual practices to bypass their own emotions.
Parts Works 1, 2, 3, and 4 offer three things: a map for understanding the psyche, a method for facilitating deep transformation, and a way of life for personal evolution, since coaches must be on their own journey of transformation if they wish to facilitate transformation in the world. This is especially true of Parts Work 4.
During Parts Work 4 you will learn how to
- Master a coaching model that honors and leverages the client’s inner wisdom
- Work with clients’ protective parts, like the inner critic, the achiever, the pleaser, and the distractor in a collaborative, non-pathologizing method
- Access and coach from a deep core of calm, clarity, and confidence
- Create a safe coaching environment for doing courageous work
- Get a contract for every coaching session
- Build an honest and trusting relationship with the client’s protective parts
- Hold the client’s vulnerable parts as sacred
- Help vulnerable parts release painful feelings and limiting beliefs
- Help protectors find new strategies for helping the client
- Apply systems thinking and complexity theory to the inner world
- Access spiritual guides and use their wisdom
- Integrate learning through deepening awareness, designing actions, and setting up accountability
The videoconferencing platform Zoom will be used for all webinars and a Google Group will provide access to handouts, audio recordings of the classes, online discussions, and asking questions of the instructor.
All participants will be paired with another participant and will be expected to practice between classes.
Guthrie Sayen, PhD, PCC, has created multiple advanced coach-training courses for Leadership that Works; he created and leads the coach training program at The Graduate Institute; and he has trained coaches for the True Purpose Institute. In his private practice, Guthrie works with wounded healers, helping them do for themselves what they are called to do for others. He also helps seekers come into the presence of the Divine, so they can live their soul’s purpose. He mentors coaches at all stages of their careers, from beginners to seasoned masters.